- We all share the goal of maintaining safe communities.
- Illinois laws should be clear, pragmatic, and informed by research. Rules should correspond to improved public safety.
- People should be held accountable for harm to individuals and communities, and then be given a chance to prove themselves and move on with their lives.
- The justice system must be held accountable for promoting safety, reducing recidivism, using resources wisely, and creating fair and reasonable policies.
- We should support people with criminal records in their efforts to lead positive and productive lives, support their families, and contribute to their community.